Monday, September 1, 2014

No answers, Just theories

I’m at the point in life where I’m not old, but I’m sure as hell not young either. By the time I was twenty years old I was married with a baby on the way, but what should have been a wonderful time of sharing with my family turned into a nightmare when I lost my father to cancer, the family business and homestead all with in a matter of months. It was as if everything in my life that seemed stable had been turned to dust in front of my eyes, and I couldn’t do anything to stop it. I’m now forty-five years old staring down the barrel of forty-six, and I have to admit, I still haven’t made since of it all, and I never will. The point is we all have loss. So, whatever your going through, believe me your not alone. Life isn’t easy, and I’m not sure it’s supposed to be. I guess the key to it all is finding something that brings you happiness, because even though this life is sometimes brutal, it is also full of beauty and wonder, and that’s the dichotomy isn’t it? If I am doing something constructive that brings me joy, and in the process I inspire you to do the same….Well, there’s nothing wrong with that is there? There was a time in my life when I thought I knew all the answers, but I realize now it was just an illusion. We have no answers just theories, and my theory is this: Do what makes you happy, and in the process you may bring some joy into someone else’s life

2 comments:

  1. What a great post Chris! You are so very right! And believe me when I say that through your music you have touched more folks than you probably realize. And that's just with the music. I'm sure you have many folks whose lives are a bit better just by knowing you. And of course I consider myself one of those fortunate folks! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ron.
      Those are very kind words. I'm not sure how accurate they are, but very kind.

      Delete