Friday, September 8, 2017

Disingenous

In a culture dominated by unfettered consumerism, is it any wonder our elected leaders are disingenuous? I use the word disingenuous because it sounds really cool, and I’m a word junkie, but the fact of the matter is they're in the pockets of lobbyist and special interest groups! Our society idolizes power and wealth; and why not?  We’ve been fed a steady diet of ego driven, money hungry marketing for so long that we feel happiness can only be obtained through purchasing power. If we wear the right clothes, drive the right car, and align ourselves with the right people then maybe, just maybe, we will find true contentment. I hate to be the bearer of bad news people, but it’s all bullshit! Everything from the news we watch to the music we listen to is designed to keep us in the dark. And when I say music, I’m not speaking of real music made by authentic musicians. No, I’m speaking of the top forty, pop rock, modern country crap the corporate owned radio stations vomit out on a daily basis. Are they intentionally trying to dumb us down, or is it easier and more profitable to pander to the lowest common denominator in all of us? I don’t know, but it’s probably a little of both.

Listen to me, please! You cannot find happiness buying more shit!!! I know because I’ve tried and all I have to show for it is debt!! Be yourself, find your calling, and do it!! Don’t worry about whether or not it’s marketable. Who cares! The whole world is driven by money! And money? Well, it isn’t the litmus test for happiness. Truth, honesty, and beauty are priceless! So, speak your truth, sing your song and build your cathedral to the sky. Will the world take notice? Maybe, maybe not! But those that need to hear it will, and that’s what it is all about!

2 comments:

  1. And why does the bird sing? Simply because it can! You are right on Brother. Just keep on keeping on! Let your Love light shine!

    ReplyDelete