Thursday, November 2, 2017

The Big Questions.

It’s not as if I haven’t tried. I’ve read the Bible, emulated Jesus, quoted Buddha and read every theological book I could get my hands on. But the results, sadly, are inconclusive at best. I’m no closer to knowing the truth than when I first started; and I’ve been at this a long time. As a kid I was taught everything I needed to fit into a society… no more, no less. Just the basics. And I suppose that’s alright. Most of us have become comfortable with the dynamics of a capitalistic society. We work our asses of at meaningless jobs in the hopes of someday obtaining a shiny new car, or whatever dangling carrot keeps us motivated and productive. But at the end of the day, it’s pretty damn depressing, don’t you think? Don’t get me wrong! I’m still no closer to finding the truth. But, I have learned a few things along the way. When given a choice, love is always the best answer. Religion, though good for many things, cannot magically change who you are. You have to put the hard work into it… there is no other way. We all need to eat, and having a job is essential in this world, but it cannot provide you with anything other than material possessions.  And the big questions may never get answered, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t keep asking.

1 comment:

  1. Truer words could not ever be spoken my friend! Your above quote,"When given a choice, love is always the best answer." is one I wholeheartedly agree with! If only all of us would indeed choose love in everything what a most wonderful world we could have! All I can say is this Chris, Give love, accept love, be love for that is truly all any of us are. Let your Love Light shine brightly my good man. Remember this if you will, the "Truth" you are seeking already resides in your Heart and it shall one day shine forth clearly. Keep on keeping on brother! Much love I send your way and thank you for being the beautiful soul you are. This world needs you my friend! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete